The Delaware Liberal goes conspiracy theorist!
Ok, then. From the President’s speech we’re sort of at war with ISIL? Not exactly war, according to John Kerry, but sorta. Let’s just call it large scale counter terrorism, he says. More like humanitarian bombings.
But, my question is, which is the greater threat, short and long term to Americans? ISIL with Toyotas, Arabian machetes and machine guns or the American Petroleum Institute with tipping point stage carbon overload?
You do know what his answer is going to be, don’t you?
My bet is on carbon caused warming and flooding. But, not so fast, because the American Petroleum Institute also has a hand in the middle east crisis and threatened final days caused by the ultimate war between the Caliphate and the Infidels, which apparently includes us here in the U.S. of A.
You see, ISIL is selling pretty huge amounts of crude on the black market thanks to U.S. extraction technology and expertise sold to the producers in both Iraq and Syria. That crude then ships to black markets allowed by our sort of allies in Turkey and then on to sort of allies in Jordan and not so allied Iran. The latter at least not yet, unless we smarten up and do a deal with them.
Now, to further explain the American Petroleum Institute’s involvement in this extremely convoluted caper, they advocate, lobby and represent companies supplying extraction tools and technology to these brand new coalition of the killing partners: Bahran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. In some cases we supply both downstream and upstream oil services.
Oh, now I see: it’s all a great, secret conspiracy, to doom the world through
global warming climate change! As I’m typing in my computer room, when it’s still summer, in a sweatshirt to keep warm, I’m not so terribly worried about temperature increases! But, the Progressive Populist does conclude with a statement with which I can totally agree:
I was moved to tears at Obama’s election in 2008 as our first ever black and anti-war president.
I, to, was (almost) moved to tears at the election of Barack Hussein Obama in 2008, though I suspect for different reasons. And after 5½ miserable years of a dead economy, of a nearly doubled national debt, of welfare and disability rolls skyrocketing while the number of people who actually want to work plummets, I’d say that I was right all along.
And now, for the rest!
- From the much better looking Dana, on Patterico’s Pontifications: Refusing To Believe There Is Such A Thing As Evil
- From William Teach on The Pirate’s Cove: Pelosi: Civilization Is In Jeopardy If GOP Takes Back Senate
- From Karen, the Lonely Conservative: Feds Spent Millions Studying Drunken Monkeys
- Catherine Wilkinson on the Victory Girls: $700,000 (tax paid) border patrol homes in Ajo, AZ where the average home costs $90,000
- Hube on the Colossus of Rhodey writes that We’re in the best of hands.
- John Hitchcock on Truth Before Dishonor: Gotcher Fascism Right Here
- Darleen Click on Protein Wisdom: Vagina Warrior Amanda Marcotte has an Enemies List Alas! Back in the old days of Pandagon, I might have made her enemies list; I certainly was on another list of hers! Why am I thinking of Dr Sheldon Cooper and his list of Mortal Enemies?
StaceyStacy McCain on The Other McCain: Feminism: The Final Solution?
- Donald Douglas on American Power: Obama’s Betrayal of the Constitution
- L D Jackson on Political Realities: President Bush predicted what is happening in Iraq
- William Jacobson on Le*gal In*sur*rec*tion: This photo will mean absolutely nothing to college students; Communism and socialism are cool, they are taught.