Since her outstanding performance in the junior varsity debate on Thursday, Carly Fiorina has gotten some fairly good press and increased notice. A question was asked by Clayton Morris, one of the Fox & Friends Weekend hosts, if we really wanted a President who had fired so many people.1 The question was meant to be rhetorical, but I’ll answer it anyway: if we are talking about a President dramatically curtailing the federal bureaucracy, my answer is yes, I absolutely do want a President with a record of firing people!
I am not a supporter of Mrs Fiorina’s campaign; at least for now, I support Governor Scott Walker (R-WI). But if Mrs Fiorina is either the presidential or vice-presidential nominee2 of the Republican Party, I’ll be able to vote for her without reservation.
The Editor fouled up a couple of days ago: I updated the F2 theme for the site — something made necessary due to continual site attacks — without saving the “stylesheet,” and thus I lost the site format. It’ll take some time to restore the settings I had, so the site might look a a bit odd for a while.
And now, on to the blogroll!
- William Teach on the Pirate’s Cove: NC BCBS Looks For 35% Rate Increase For Obamacare Plans Shockingly, surprisingly, amazingly, it seems that “North Carolina’s largest health insurer says higher-than-anticipated costs after two years of selling federally subsidized coverage has forced it to seek premium increases even greater than it thought would be necessary two months ago.” Gee, who ever would have guessed that would happen?
- Donald Douglas on American Power: Donald Trump Attacks Megyn Kelly: ‘There Was Blood Coming Out of Her Wherever…’ The purported Republican frontrunner implies that Megyn Kelly was “on the rag” because she deigned to ask him tough questions during the debate. It’s one thing to run as not being politically correct, to say things directly, but it’s another to just plain insult people.
- Leslie Eastman on Le*gal In*sur*rec*tion: When will Dems unleash full “Palin treatment” on Carly Fiorina?
- Dana on Patterico’s Pontifications: Chuck Schumer says no But it doesn’t matter: there will not be enough Democratic opposition to override President Obama’s veto of congressional action in opposition to the nuclear deal with Iran.
- Darleen Click on Protein Wisdom: Oh look! Mary Engelbreit is trying to be relevant
- Erick Erickson on RedState: I Have Disinvited Donald Trump to the RedState Gathering
- Hube on the Colossus of Rhodey: But Remember — Voter ID is ‘Racist” Blah Blah Blah
- Marybeth Glenn on the Victory Girls: Donald Trump & The Ladies: Why His Attack on Megyn Kelly Isn’t Surprising
- Karen on The Lonely Conservative: War On Women? All Female Job Gains Since 2007 Went To Foreigners
- I have included the link to Mrs Fiorina’s website, but her website is terrible. It has the obligatory “join us” and “Meet Carly” buttons, but if you are looking for her positions on the issues or how she plans to accomplish what she says she will, well, good luck! If those items are there, they’re hidden. I tried what I’d normally expect, https://carlyforpresident.com/issues, and all that was there (at this writing) was another donation page. ↩
- If she is running seriously, she’s really running for Vice President. ↩