From the Moody Blues:
Sometimes I wonder if, before he became fish food, whether Osama bin Laden ever imagined, even in his wildest dreams, that he could have hatched and executed a scheme which:
- Would take two million Americans completely out of the productive labor force in coming years;
- Would pull 9½ million people out of the labor force since the end of 2008;
- Would make almost 50 millions Americans dependent upon food stamps;
- Would have Americans owing more than an entire year’s productivity;1
- Would reduce the average American’s income by almost 9% since 2007;
- Would cut the pensions and benefits of American servicemen and cut military spending and readiness at a time in which we are fighting against al Qaeda and the Taliban on the battlefield.
Siting there in his compound in Abbottabad, with no telephone or internet, with his contact to the al Qaeda organization he founded and led restricted to trusted messengers, Mr bin Laden probably hatched all sorts of plans and schemes, but had little power to really carry out anything, to get anything done. But, unless he was a regular user of the opium produced in the area,2 even Mr bin Laden could never have really expected to do anthing which would yield the results listed above.
But if Osama bin Laden couldn’t accomplish all of that, Barack Hussein Obama could, and did. Those are the results in America under the leadership of President Obama. He is the worst President in my lifetime, and my lifetime includes Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter.