The white-on-black killing demagoguery

From the

Two white men arrested over Tulsa shootings that left three black men dead

Police say 32-year-old and 19-year-old are expected to be charged with killing three and wounding two in Oklahoma city

Tulsa Chief of Police Chuck Jordan

Two white men were arrested on Sunday over shootings in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that left three black men dead and two more critically wounded.

Police said the arrested men were expected to face three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of shooting with intent to kill. He said police acted on an anonymous tipoff.

The men were identified as 19-year-old Jake England and 32-year-old Alvin Watts. A police spokesman, Jason Willingham, said authorities had begun seeking the men on Saturday evening.

Police had said previously that they were searching for a white man driving a white pickup, which was spotted close to where three of the shootings occurred early on Friday.

At least two dozen officers were called to investigate the case, along with the FBI and US marshals, in a taskforce named Operation Random Shooter. The arrests came hours after the taskforce was launched.

The shootings placed Tulsa’s black community on edge over the weekend. Authorities said they thought the shootings were linked because they happened at around the same time within a three-mile span and all five victims were out walking when they were attacked.

Willingham said authorities still faced many unanswered questions after the arrests. “We are going to turn over every rock,” he said.

As of the end of Friday, 6 April 2012, 92 people had been murdered in Philadelphia during 2012; though the source (the Philadelphia Police Department) does not give the breakdown, the vast majority of both the victims and the killers were black males. One wonders: did The Guardian, a left-wing British newspaper, have big stories about the dozens of black men killed by other black men in Philadelphia?

OK, that’s a lie: no one wonders if such is the case, because we all know that it isn’t. When a black man kills another black man in Philadelphia, or really anywhere in this country, it’s local news. Frequently the name of the victim is never even published: it isn’t known to the media when The Philadelphia Inquirer is published, and by the next day, it’s simply not news anymore.

But the current meme is that the problem is whites murdering blacks; unfortunately for those pushing that, it really isn’t true. From the FBI:1

While the vast majority of murders are committed within a given race, interracial murders are twice as likely to have a white victim as a black one.2

I went to the site of a popular, black Philadelphia blogger who styles himself The Field Negro, in part because I knew he had the link to Philadelphia murder statistics on his sidebar, under the title “Killadelphia.” The first thing that jumped out at me was a big blurb at the top of the sidebar:

41 DAYS AND COUNTING

41 DAYS AND COUNTING
SHOCKER! WHITE AMERICANS OVERWHELMINGLY BELIEVE THAT GEORGE ZIMMERMAN IS INNOCENT.

Makes a nice, political blurb, doesn’t it? Trouble is, it isn’t true! To get to the documentary evidence Field had embedded behind the photo of Trayvon Martin required more than a couple of clicks, but here’s the Gallup Poll eventually referenced:

Blacks, Nonblacks Hold Sharply Different Views of Martin Case

Blacks more likely to believe race is a major factor

Questions on Trayvon Martin case, April 2012 by Frank Newport
PRINCETON, NJ — Black Americans’ views differ dramatically from those of nonblacks regarding the circumstances involved in the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26. Blacks are paying much closer attention to the news of the incident; overwhelmingly believe that George Zimmerman, the individual who shot Martin, is guilty of a crime; believe that racial bias was a major factor in the events leading up to the shooting; and believe that Zimmerman would already have been arrested had the victim been white, not black.

What “WHITE AMERICANS OVERWHELMINGLY BELIEVE” is that they don’t know if George Zimmerman is innocent or guilty; 61% of “non-blacks” responded that whether Mr Zimmerman is guilty of a crime or not is “unclear from available information” or had no opinion on the matter. 32% think that he is either definitely or probably guilty of a crime, while only 7% believe that he is definitely or probably not guilty of a crime. Yet, to Field, who is an attorney in real life, that 61% of “non-black” respondents (which he seems to believe means “white”) don’t believe that they have enough information to form an educated opinion, and 7% say that Mr Zimmerman is either definitely or probably not guilty of a crime translates into “WHITE AMERICANS OVERWHELMINGLY BELIEVE THAT GEORGE ZIMMERMAN IS INNOCENT.”

It’s not terribly surprising that 61% of non-black respondents would say that they don’t have enough information on which to form an opinion; 40% of non-black respondents said that they were either not following the case very closely, or not following it at all. Nor is it surprising when we consider the revelations that even the professional media have been biased in their reporting of the event: NBC deliberately doctored evidence made a serious error in the production process which made it look like Mr Zimmerman was deliberately targeting Mr Martin because Mr Martin was black, and ABC was, at the very least, unprofessional in failing to enhance a video, and then making a claim that Mr Zimmerman had no visible injuries as evidenced by the poor-quality video. CNN reported that Mr Zimmerman used the term “f(ornicating) coon,” but then, after further review of the tapes, was unable to determine if he used the word “coon,” “cold” or even “punk.”3

Right now, the Field Negro is having a field day with the blacks are being slaughtered by whites meme, with seven separate, consecutive stories since last Sunday that are either entirely devoted to the terrible-whites-shooting-innocent-blacks theme, or touch on it tangentially (here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.) Yet the cold, hard numbers say that, if you are white, you have twice a great a chance of being killed by a black or other non-white person than a black man has of being killed by someone who is not black.

Not a single soul at THE FIRST STREET JOURNAL knows whether George Zimmerman committed a crime when he killed Trayvon Martin, or whether the shooting was legally justified. None of us here are trained investigators, none of us here have examined the crime scene, and none of us here have interviewed the witnesses. All of the information we get is second or third or fourth hand, through the media, and the media have proved to be very unreliable in this case. There simply is no way we could know if Mr Zimmerman is guilty of a crime. And the same is true of Field: he does not know because he cannot know. Yet he has chosen to demagogue this case for all it is worth.

_______________________________________________

  1. 2009 crime statistics; I couldn’t find more recent statistics.
  2. The calculation functions were added by me. For interracial murders, the white and other totals were added together for murders of blacks, and the black and other totals were added for murders of whites; in both cases, the unknowns were excluded from the calculation function.
  3. Most of the links deserve a hat tip to Sister Toldjah.

51 Comments

  1. This is a racist piece by our Editor, and I will tell you why: Regarding our Editor, this piece is all about demagoguery by blacks, and not one word about demagoguery by whites. Why is this, I ask, Mr Editor? The reason is obvious, at least to me!

    Holistically, I believe it is necessary to consider the historical plight of blacks having suffered in a racist nation for over 300 years by being designated as the permanent underclass in America, and therefore held down and held back. Of course, some stronger, smarter, more saavy black individuals have been smart enough to escape this racial tyranny, but never entirely, as there are still plenty of barriers to advancement based on skin color in this country. If you don’t believe me, ask most any black individual.

    True, the blacks are demogoging on this case, so are those defending George Zimmerman, like his father the retired Judge, his brother, and now the three high powered attorneys who have been hired to try the case in the media and the press. No mention of the latter by our Editor.

    No mention either by our Editor that the alleged killer has not been arrested and did not even get his blood tested, nor were his clothes held for evidence. Are these oversights due to racism or police incompetence, maybe both? Now we are being told that George suffered from shaken baby syndrome. Give me a break!!!

    Here is what is known: George Zimmerman was trailing Trayvon Martin armed with a loaded pistol which he used, and Trayvon Martin was killed instantly. If it were a black with the gun, do you honestly think said black alleged killer would not have been arrested? Please!

    Since there is no evidence that Trayvon killed himself, we have a killer on the loose. To me, this is unconscionable, already a gross miscarriage of justice, which has an obvious racial component, unrecognized by our Editor who wrote this racially biased piece. Some nerve!!!

  2. WW wrote:

    This is a racist piece by our Editor, and I will tell you why: Regarding our Editor, this piece is all about demagoguery by blacks, and not one word about demagoguery by whites. Why is this, I ask, Mr Editor? The reason is obvious, at least to me!

    Just what would that demagoguery by whites be, WW? Where are the articles saying that George Zimmerman should have shot Trayvon Martin, other than (perhaps; I haven’t checked the sites) the deliberately racist sites? Where are the articles in the serious press saying that blacks are some sort of scourge that whites must fear?

    Your Editor has pointed out the race-baiting arguments by the Field Negro, but he’s only one, and hardly the most famous; need I cite Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan here?

    Holistically, I believe it is necessary to consider the historical plight of blacks having suffered in a racist nation for over 300 years by being designated as the permanent underclass in America, and therefore held down and held back. Of course, some stronger, smarter, more saavy black individuals have been smart enough to escape this racial tyranny, but never entirely, as there are still plenty of barriers to advancement based on skin color in this country. If you don’t believe me, ask most any black individual.

    Really? Have you noticed recently just who is the President of the United States? There was, apparently, no barrier to advancement to the highest office in this country.

    Add to that the Affirmative Action policies, in both the public and private sectors, which purposely attempt to seek out qualified minority candidates. The biggest barrier that I see to black advancement is the high school drop out rate among black males.

    True, the blacks are demogoging on this case,

    A statement which completely contradicts your beginning.

    so are those defending George Zimmerman, like his father the retired Judge, his brother, and now the three high powered attorneys who have been hired to try the case in the media and the press. No mention of the latter by our Editor.

    So far, what they have been doing is refuting the demagoguery coming from the left. Were it not for these men, we wouldn’t have discovered that NBC deliberately falsified a transcript, or that ABC used a poor quality tape to make a false point. As for Mr Zimmerman’s family, of course they are going to do everything they can to defend him.

    But the real point is that this would be an entirely local case were it not for the demagoguery from the left.

    No mention either by our Editor that the alleged killer has not been arrested and did not even get his blood tested, nor were his clothes held for evidence. Are these oversights due to racism or police incompetence, maybe both?

    Apparently they saw no probable cause which would have justified blood tests. Was there a particular need to take and test his clothing? His clothing probably had Trayvon Martin’s blood on them, but the fact that he shot Mr Martin is not in dispute.

    Now we are being told that George suffered from shaken baby syndrome. Give me a break!!!

    Let’s see, you want to somehow give blacks a break because of injustices done to their ancestors, but the possibility of a specific childhood injury having been suffered by Mr Zimmerman, that’s just “Give me a break?”

    Here is what is known: George Zimmerman was trailing Trayvon Martin armed with a loaded pistol which he used, and Trayvon Martin was killed instantly. If it were a black with the gun, do you honestly think said black alleged killer would not have been arrested? Please!

    I don’t know what would have happened, and neither did you. Of course, Mr Zimmerman was arrested, and brought to the police station in handcuffs. After interrogation, someone, supposedly the prosecutor, decided that there was insufficient evidence to bring Mr Zimmerman to trial, and such a determination requires that he be released.

    Since there is no evidence that Trayvon killed himself, we have a killer on the loose. To me, this is unconscionable, already a gross miscarriage of justice, which has an obvious racial component, unrecognized by our Editor who wrote this racially biased piece. Some nerve!!!

    That’s quite a statement. Because a man against whom the appropriate local official decided there was insufficient evidence to bring him to trial is not still being held in jail, that’s unconscionable?

    There’s a special prosecutor looking into the evidence now, and Mr Zimmerman may or may not be charged with a crime following his investigation. If it turns out that there’s sufficient evidence to bring him to trail he’ll be brought to trial before a jury of his peers. That’s the way things are supposed to work in our country!

    Instead, you would have a man against whom no charges have been filed rot in jail, because he is white and the man who was killed was black. yet, to you, I’m the racist one? Laughable.

  3. “Instead, you would have a man against whom no charges have been filed rot in jail, because he is white and the man who was killed was black. yet, to you, I’m the racist one? Laughable.”

    I was very careful not to call you a racist, but you decided that I did. Where did I do that, Mr Editor? I was attacking what appeared to me to be your racist position on this case, and your really weak rebuttal has not changed my perception. This is what is truly “laughable”, sadly.

    Your entire rebuttal consists of making excuses for either racist or incompetent performance, or both, of this case by law enforcement authorities, under your assumption that they have behaved appropriately and without prejudice. I even wonder if you really believe your excuses, or if there is something even more compelling within yourself driving the position you have taken. I don’t know; maybe you don’t either!

    One thing is certain, you have no empathy for the position of the black man in our society as it has been for centuries and still is, your inability to reach an understanding that a long time is required to unravel the deep impacts which have been made as new generations of blacks continually emerge to a somewhat better environment than what their parents and ancestors endured. This is emblematic of the fundamental differences in outlook between yourself and myself, neither of whom is likely to change.

  4. WW wrote:

    Your entire rebuttal consists of making excuses for either racist or incompetent performance, or both, of this case by law enforcement authorities, under your assumption that they have behaved appropriately and without prejudice. I even wonder if you really believe your excuses, or if there is something even more compelling within yourself driving the position you have taken. I don’t know; maybe you don’t either!

    Yes, my default position is that law enforcement behaved appropriately and without prejudice, until it is proved otherwise. Because of the hoopla surrounding this event, the local officials have stepped aside, and an independent counsel is looking at it; he may or may not conclude that the local officials erred, but until he does conclude that they did, the default assumption has to be that they acted properly.

    You, on the other hand, have concluded that the local officials were either racist of incompetent, without having any direct knowledge of the situation, without being a trained investigator yourself, and without having directly examined the evidence. All you have are second and third and fourth hand reports, all filtered through the media, and the media have not been very reliable or accurate on this story. You have concluded something for which you have no evidence!

    One thing is certain, you have no empathy for the position of the black man in our society as it has been for centuries and still is, your inability to reach an understanding that a long time is required to unravel the deep impacts which have been made as new generations of blacks continually emerge to a somewhat better environment than what their parents and ancestors endured. This is emblematic of the fundamental differences in outlook between yourself and myself, neither of whom is likely to change.

    I certainly have no sympathy for excuses, that’s certain.

    Nobody’s life is perfect, and while a lot of blacks have grown up in poverty, so have a lot of whites. A lot of blacks have grown up in broken homes, but so have a lot of whites.

    The Vietnamese came to our shores from devastated homes, often with nothing more than the clothes on their backs. We have Koreans living here who fled Communism, and who came from a society which had been virtually enslaved by the Japanese. We have Japanese here who had parents put in internment camps during World war II, and Chinese and Cambodians who fled Communism, arriving here with nothing. We have Cuban-Americans who arrived here, fleeing Communism, often in unseaworthy vessels, with nothing but a willingness to work. Yet the Cubans are prosperous, and our Asian citizens so successful that some colleges are discriminating against them because they fill too many places if everybody was judged solely on merit. If the Cubans can do it, if the Asians can succeed, there is absolutely no reason that American blacks cannot succeed as well.

    You and I have both seen people who are actually handicapped — and Yorkshire is one of them — who have struggled hard and succeeded in life. Yorkshire actually lost his leg only a few years ago, but he had been dragging it around almost uselessly for a decade prior to that.

    So, no, I don’t have much sympathy for excuses. A man might not be able to control from where he came, but he can control, he is responsible, for his own actions. Success is a matter of will; if you want to be successful, and you work at it, you will be successful.

  5. “I certainly have no sympathy for excuses, that’s certain.”

    Thank you for making my point, Mr Editor. Yours is a thoughtless statement which takes into account nothing historically pertinent, when there is a long history which is extremely pertinent.

    The rest of your post consists of anecdotal examples of folks who have not suffered as American blacks have for so long.

    So I’ll now ask point blank: Are you a racist, Mr Editor?

  6. Wagonwheel said of the Editor: “I was very careful not to call you a racist, but you decided that I did.”

    I’m sorry Wagonwheel, but when you make statemenst like :”This is a racist piece by our Editor” and “Your entire rebuttal consists of making excuses for either racist or incompetent performance” you are insinuating he is racist. You did not say “The Editor ia a racist” but that’s a distinction without a difference. When you use those little word games it does make you look small and silly. Please don’t treat us like we’re stupid,we’re not.

  7. WW wrote:

    “I certainly have no sympathy for excuses, that’s certain.”

    Thank you for making my point, Mr Editor. Yours is a thoughtless statement which takes into account nothing historically pertinent, when there is a long history which is extremely pertinent.

    You’re right, it does not take into account anything “historically pertinent,” because I do not accept the notion that history is destiny. You are what you make of yourself.

    The rest of your post consists of anecdotal examples of folks who have not suffered as American blacks have for so long.

    Really? The Japanese never knew freedom until after 1945; Japan was a feudal society for centuries after feudalism had disappeared from Europe. China was a feudal society, India was beset by a caste system, the Cubans were never free — and many of them were actual slaves — and the Vietnamese and Cambodians were never free. If the burdens faced by these people were mostly different from those of American blacks — who at least spoke English and were American citizens — that doesn’t mean that they were somehow less burdensome.

    So I’ll now ask point blank: Are you a racist, Mr Editor?

    For thinking that everyone is equal, and can succeed if only they will try? No, I don’t see that as racist, but somehow, you do. For saying, “If the Cubans can do it, if the Asians can succeed, there is absolutely no reason that American blacks cannot succeed as well?” I don’t see that as evidence of racism, but it seems that you do.

  8. When you use those little word games it does make you look small and silly.

    SINP does this all the time. And now look — he casually throws the “racist” term around –AGAIN– yet when he comments something about “neo-cons being virtually all Jews” and blames virtually all of Israel’s problems on “Zionists,” etc., just don’t DARE call him anti-Semitic. if you do, he’ll post several paragraphs about how “he has numerous Jewish friends,” and how his daughter “is married to a Jewish man. Nice guy.”

  9. WW said: ” If you don’t believe me, ask most any black individual.”

    Oh, I believe you and I’m sure “most any black individual” would agree with you too. Hell, guys like you have been training them to be victims since as long as I can remember. They must remain dependant on the compassionate, white, liberal, Democrat or they are doomed to failure. I say poppycock! Black families in the 40′s and 50′s were mostly in tact, hard working and productive members of society ( Walter Williams did an excellent paper on this ). Then along came you guys telling them they needed food stamps, affirmative action, welfare, Medicaide and now even cell phones all cause 200 years ago blacks were slaves. Nonsense.

    You know Wagonwheel, I’ve been asked by more than one of my Asian friends why it is blacks in America seem stuck in a time warp when they and their families just got here and are succeeding. I explain to them it’s the racism of low expectations combined with the inherent need of liberals to keep the black vote. And don’t tell me I’m wrong because every black guy I know who is successful has switched to Republican. Every damn one of them.

  10. And don’t tell me I’m wrong because every black guy I know who is successful has switched to Republican. Every damn one of them.

    To SINP and black Democrats, those blacks “aren’t authentically black,” Hoagie. They say that themselves, too. This isn’t putting words in anyones’ mouths. Somehow, blacks must act like a collective mind, whereas all other humans are free individuals.

  11. “Really? The Japanese never knew freedom until after 1945; Japan was a feudal society for centuries after feudalism had disappeared from Europe. China was a feudal society, India was beset by a caste system, the Cubans were never free — and many of them were actual slaves — and the Vietnamese and Cambodians were never free. If the burdens faced by these people were mostly different from those of American blacks — who at least spoke English and were American citizens — that doesn’t mean that they were somehow less burdensome.”

    I think it is dangerous to conflate different groups of people with one another, then draw the conclusion that the American black experience is essentially no different, therefore it should have been easy for them to break out. But this is exactly what you have done, Mr Editor, on a very complex dynamic which is different for each group. You are unconvincing!

    One obvious difference is the color of the black skin, which more or less permanently sets them apart for continuous discrimination, for example, racial profiling. All the other examples you gave are examples of those who can blend in culturally within a generation or two at the most, which for blacks to actualize is very difficult for too many of them, generation after generation, which is exactly the problem.

    There also is the problem of massive incarceration numbers of blacks for crimes which whites too often avoid identical punishment. I believe that George Zimmerman falls into the avoidance category.

    And then there is the inferior provision of education and educational facilities for inner city blacks where most of them live. Moreover, the housing segregation, although it has improved somewhat, still exists to the point where a black family is usually not whereas a Japanese, Korean, or Cambodian family would be welcome. Thus, racism against black people is often subtle, there no doubt.

    Black people are people too. Why would they happily stay in the ghetto living poor and dirty, if getting out would be straight forward for most, which it is not, which is a big part of the problem.

    In my opinion, any American who would deny the ferocity of American racism is simply not telling the truth. Anecdotaly, you can make the case for success stories, as you have tried to do, but these still are not very prevalent.

    Again, I recommend that you read The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander, or even watch Melissa Harris-Perry on Saturday and Sunday morning at 10 on MSNBC. You will get the views and observations of two well educated and successful black women, who know a hell of a lot more about American racism against blacks than a couple of white commenters on this blog giving forth their unlearned views. Alexander’s book is a scholarly study with plenty of documentation by an attorney and now Law Professor at Ohio State University. Harris-Perry is a Political Science Professor at Tulane University.

    Come on, expose your brains to more than just hearsay and prejudicial opinions!

  12. WW said: “All the other examples you gave are examples of those who can blend in culturally within a generation or two at the most, which for blacks to actualize is very difficult for too many of them, generation after generation, which is exactly the problem.”

    What? Koreans, Chinese, Cambodians, Vietnamese, Cubans and Indians can “blend in culturally”? They get here not even speaking English for heaven sake. Blacks are born here and are born part of our culture. Notwithstanding that all of the above also are colored and most have Asian eyes. How’s that blending in working out?

    “There also is the problem of massive incarceration numbers of blacks for crimes which whites too often avoid identical punishment. I believe that George Zimmerman falls into the avoidance category.”

    What, are you taking Pho lessons? You are now God and have indicted, prosecuted, found guily and are ready to incarcerate Zimmerman? Or are you suggesting what this country needs are more caucasians in prison just to make things fair? Or perhaps we should open the prison doors and let say 50% of the black inmates free?

    “And then there is the inferior provision of education and educational facilities for inner city blacks where most of them live.”

    And exactly which political party has been running those cities and their educational system for the last several decades, all while pissing away more and more taxpayers money and having poorer and poorer schools? Huh? Who, tell me who? I’ll tell you, the same party who refuses to give people vouchers so they can make better educational choices that’s who.

    “Black people are people too. Why would they happily stay in the ghetto living poor and dirty, if getting out would be straight forward for most, which it is not, which is a big part of the problem.”

    Because as both DNW and our Editor have pointed out before there are some people who make a conscience choice to accept less to not work.

    “In my opinion, any American who would deny the ferocity of American racism is simply not telling the truth.”

    So in your opinion any American who disagrees with you on racism is a damn liar? That’s NOT an opinion Wagonwheel, it’s an idictment and a slur.

  13. Wagonwheel says:
    April 8, 2012 at 22:06 (Edit)

    ”Please don’t treat us like we’re stupid,we’re not.”

    But you are, Hoagie, about certain things. So am I!

    WW this is not aimed at you, it’s just a convenient comment for a remark that has been bugging me now for a few weeks/months.

    As long as the common folk, us, are fed this bilge of a made up story through NBC, and fostered by the Race Hustlers and Baiters, Obama is happy as a clam in mud. What this misdirectional story is doing is a great job of taking us off track of bigger and important things like the $16T deficit, the joblessness that grows daily, the Federal Reserve devaluing our dollar to pennies, gas here in Southern PA at $4.00 now, signed laws like the NDAA which is stripping us of our 5th amendment rights, the martial law executive order signed by BO, Iran’s nuke ambitions, Afghanistan disintigrating, North Korea test missile over Japan, and many other stories that matter to the survival of the country. We can not bring Travon Martin back to life. The Courts in FL will have to untangle this mess exacerbated by the MSM and the Race Hustlers. Our arguing about it is just a diversion of precious little resources left.

  14. Yorkshire, what you are saying is that there are a lot of issues to worry about, all the more reason why we should be working together to address these issues. Thus, what worries me most, is that we cannot seem to work together any more. Our political system is broken and divided, just at a time in our history when we need to work together more than ever, otherwise our system of government will disintegrate before our eyes, resulting in American against American more than just in politics.

    I don’t know, but we may be at a turning point in our history, somewhat similar to the divisions which led us into our Civil War. There is now a contingent within our population who are arming themselves as we speak, to be prepared for the day of reckoning which they perceive to be in our future.

    All one need do is to see the hate language which appears in the microcosm of this very blog, in order to see the seeds of division germinating. And if I might suggest, this hate language emanates principally from the right extreme of the political spectrum, with the more civil language of our Editor, and the more course language of Hoagie, and the more radical/nasty language from people like koolo, Hube, and Mr Hitchcock, laced with the most extreme personal attacks imaginable. These people are dividers, not uniters/compromisers, and their actions are well represented now in our federal government and certain state governments colored red!

  15. “In my opinion, any American who would deny the ferocity of American racism is simply not telling the truth.”

    So in your opinion any American who disagrees with you on racism is a damn liar? That’s NOT an opinion Wagonwheel, it’s an idictment and a slur.

    Well, Hoagie, if you look beyond your nose you will find that most Americans agree with my views on persistent racism in America. Check out this Gallop Poll result taken in 2008:

    “Americans also see racial discrimination as a major or minor factor in four specific problems facing the black community — lower average education levels for U.S. blacks, lower average income levels for U.S. blacks, lower average life expectancies for blacks, and a higher percentage of blacks serving time in U.S. prisons.

    The emboldened phrase seems to relate to what we have seen in Sanford FL re the Trayvon Martin case, and are now seeing unfolding in the Tulsa, OK case of the murder of three blacks and the serious wounding of another two.

    Racism is most widely believed to be a major reason for the higher percentage of blacks in U.S. prisons, and least likely to be seen as a primary factor in blacks’ lower average life expectancies.”

    One particularly interesting outcome of this poll indicates a very wide difference in perception of American racism according to political views. For example, on the question of how widespread is racism against blacks in America, 67% of Democrats thought it is very widespread, compared to 55% of Independents and only 39% of Republicans. On the question of how widespread is racism against whites in America, only 38% of Democrats thought it is very widespread, compared to 43% of Independents and 46% of Republicans. So remarkably, Republicans don’t think there is much racism against blacks, but think there is more racism against whites.

    Clearly, Hoagie, your opinion on racism is a minority opinion, mine a majority opinion, so pay attention!

  16. SINP writes

    Clearly, Hoagie, your opinion on racism is a minority opinion, mine a majority opinion, so pay attention!

    Really? A “majority” opinion? Based on which poll? Even so, granting what YOU cite that difference isn’t nearly as great as the difference between, say, those in favor of voter ID and those not. In that, YOU are a distinct minority (approx. 70+% are in favor of voter ID), so YOU pay attention.

    But let’s look at that poll: those who believe that racism is a major factor in lower average education levels for U.S. blacks, lower average income levels for U.S. blacks, lower average life expectancies for blacks, and a higher percentage of blacks serving time in U.S. prisons is a MINORITY overall view — the only exception being the latter, and even then the percentage difference is a mere 5%. With whites all are a minority view, and among Hispanics the percentages vary — some categories are tied, some are extremely close, with only the prison rate having a distinct majority.

  17. SINP writes

    All one need do is to see the hate language which appears in the microcosm of this very blog, in order to see the seeds of division germinating. And if I might suggest, this hate language emanates principally from the right extreme of the political spectrum, with the more civil language of our Editor, and the more course language of Hoagie, and the more radical/nasty language from people like koolo, Hube, and Mr Hitchcock, laced with the most extreme personal attacks imaginable. These people are dividers, not uniters/compromisers, and their actions are well represented now in our federal government and certain state governments colored red!

    Blah blah blah. You really are a piece of work. Do you actually believe these delusions of yours? That you are somehow above and beyond “hate language” and “radical/nasty language” and “the most extreme personal attacks imaginable?” YOU were suspended for two weeks because you couldn’t control your hateful, nasty impulses, not any of those you listed. You fool NO ONE. You’re a fraud, a hypocrite and a liar.

  18. Interesting survey Wagonwheel. I thought the last paragraph te most telling. “As on most issues involving race in the United States, blacks are much more likely to see racism as a problem than are whites.”

    Suprise, suprise! After 30 years of race hustlers like Jackson and Sharpton being featured in the news screaming about race. Suprise, suprise! After decades of the Democrat party using race to defend everything from food stamps to affirmative action. Suprise, suprise! After decades of public education indoctrination at the hands of the leftist school unions, blacks are more likely to see racism as a problem than whites. I’m stunned!

    I don’t know if you’ve noticed Wagonwheel, but in life when people fail they tend to try and blame someone or some thing else for their failures. I know I have. That poll indicates that the race hustlers have enabled blacks to blame race for every failure of their communities on every item the Democrats have been in charge of in every major city for decades. Yet they still vote Democratic. BTW, I’m not stunned that these blacks hold so must stock in racism, they are by in large all Democrats so what else are they to believe but their Party line? If you were fed the same pablum day in and day out, that you’re a victim, sooner or later you too would start believing it.

    Then we have the last sentence: “However, other questions in the poll showed that Americans remain optimistic that race relations could improve, if Americans could hold an open national dialogue on race and if Barack Obama were elected as the first black president.

    How’s that working out? The first black President has sliced and diced American into so many pieces it looks like a jigsaw puzzle. You’re to one who keeps saying we can’t come together. It was you who said: “Our political system is broken and divided, just at a time in our history when we need to work together more than ever, otherwise our system of government will disintegrate before our eyes, resulting in American against American more than just in politics.”, wasn’t it? Or do you mean we’re “broken and divided” because 100% of the citizens don’t believe every pearl of wisdom falling from the liberal lip?

    Finally you add: “These people are dividers, not uniters/compromisers, and their actions are well represented now in our federal government and certain state governments colored red!” Sure, the House is Republican, the Senate Democrat as is the Presiden. Which branch has passed a budget? Who’s a “divider”? Debby Whatsername-Shultz when she states the Republicans want America to fail. Who is a uniter/compromiser? Pelosi when she rams through a health bill with zero bipartisan support then tells the American people we have to pass it before we can read what’s in it. I guess the Presidentand his cronies are uniters when they drone on about a “War on Women”, or pander to their “Green” costituants to the detriment of our energy affordability. Sure lots of compromising and unifying there.

  19. One other thing Wagonwheel. When you stste “Clearly, Hoagie, your opinion on racism is a minority opinion, mine a majority opinion, so pay attention!” What that means to me is the Democratic propaganda machine has done a bang up job of convincing the weak of mind that every problem which befalls a black is because of “white people”. Great job of “uniting”. Just great. You guys need to explain to me just how promoting racism as a scapegoat for success is either good for our country or for blacks. The entire idea of the Civil Rights Movement was a “colorblind” society yet you guys whip out color at every opportunity.

    You guys look at a person and see either a oppressed black, an over achieving Asian or a racist white. I see an American entitled to all the rights and opportunities therein, no more and no less.

    I mean hell, look at the Zimmerman case. They even had to come up with a new category: white-Hispanic, just to fit their racist narrative. If you guys would actually look for “the content of a mans character instead of the color of his skin” you may just turn the corner on race relations. I do.

  20. If you support race-based hiring and admissions practices, you are not a racist according to the radical Leftists such as Wagonwheel.

    If you reject race-based hiring and admissions practices in favor of hiring or admitting the best qualified individuals regardless of skin pigmentation, you are a racist according to the radical Leftists such as Wagonwheel.

    Proof the radical Leftists have nearly everything bass ackwards.

  21. “Do you actually believe these delusions of yours?”

    Absolutely, koolo. And there are no delusions; the evidence is here from you on a daily basis, as you’ve not a civil bone in your body!

    You simply cannot carry on a conversation without this, can you koolo?

    “You’re a fraud, a hypocrite and a liar.”

    And you are a bad joke, a dirty one really, koolo. And in spite of our Editor’s “Comment and Content Policy”, this kind of personal attack from you wingnuts continues unabated, for a reason I’m sure. There’s your unacknowledged “fraud, a hypocrite and a liar” right wing template to be used against those who disagree with your extremist views! It’s practically all you people have.

    You should have been suspended months ago, koolo, for your hateful language and personal attacks, but lest we forget, you are a right wing extremist, therefore not held accountable for your violations of the “Comment and Content Policy” on this blog. You are indeed a protected class, which by a silent edict of our Editor has no relation whatsoever to your outrageous behavior on here, and a school teacher no less. So stop setting yourself up as some paragon of virtue, speaking down at those with whom you disagree, because a paragon of virtue you are not, in fact, the opposite!

  22. SINP writes

    You simply cannot carry on a conversation without this, can you koolo?

    But this says it all:

    “Do you actually believe these delusions of yours?”

    Absolutely, koolo.

  23. SINP writes

    You should have been suspended months ago, koolo, for your hateful language and personal attacks,

    Like what, for example? Citation please! Oh, and if you do manage to come up with one, make sure it’s in context — which means it’ll most likely be in response to one of YOUR hate-filled rants and/or threats.

  24. More red herring, race-based, straw man fictions from the pen of Mr Hitchcock here:

    “If you support race-based hiring and admissions practices, you are not a racist according to the radical Leftists such as Wagonwheel.

    If you reject race-based hiring and admissions practices in favor of hiring or admitting the best qualified individuals regardless of skin pigmentation, you are a racist according to the radical Leftists such as Wagonwheel.

    Proof the radical Leftists have nearly everything bass ackwards.”

  25. Why do you get so upset with my remarks such as “why do you beat your wife?” I am merely using your very own tactics which you used against me and Hoagie. You said, “If you are guiltless, then what do you have to worry about?”

    Why doesn’t this same statement apply to you, SINP? Y’see, what really gets you angry is the fact that your own behavior is reflected right back at you. But your delusional nature 1) blocks the fact that it is your own behavior, and 2) makes you believe us “radical righties” have exclusive domain in personal attacks.

    Please up the dosage of your passive-aggressive medication.

  26. SINP writes

    More red herring, race-based, straw man fictions from the pen of Mr Hitchcock here

    On the contrary, it is 100% right on the money.

  27. “One other thing Wagonwheel. When you stste “Clearly, Hoagie, your opinion on racism is a minority opinion, mine a majority opinion, so pay attention!” What that means to me is the Democratic propaganda machine has done a bang up job of convincing the weak of mind that every problem which befalls a black is because of “white people”. Great job of “uniting”. Just great. You guys need to explain to me just how promoting racism as a scapegoat for success is either good for our country or for blacks. The entire idea of the Civil Rights Movement was a “colorblind” society yet you guys whip out color at every opportunity.”

    Hoagie, your statement here is a gross exaggeration, therefore it is meaningless.

    My point right along has been that racism continues in our country, a fact which you seem to dispute. I do not exonerate those minorities who are not stepping up to try to improve their positions. I am just saying that continuing racism continues to make it more difficult for progress to occur. We have had two examples, one in Sanford, FL, one in Tulsa, OK, which illustrate what I am trying to say. And did you look at the 2008 poll I posted upthread?

  28. SINP writes

    I am just saying that continuing racism continues to make it more difficult for progress to occur. We have had two examples, one in Sanford, FL, one in Tulsa, OK, which illustrate what I am trying to say. And did you look at the 2008 poll I posted upthread?

    There will always be a degree of racism in the country, SINP. But, your examples are, in your own parlance, anecdotal. (And you’re jumping the gun about racism playing a role in Sanford … just like the idiot MSM.) And once again, your poll shows that ALL Americans do NOT see racism as the major factor in the categories listed, the exception being black incarceration rates and that only with a 5% difference (with the margin of error even smaller).

  29. “I don’t know, but we may be at a turning point in our history, somewhat similar to the divisions which led us into our Civil War. “

    You are certainly doing everything you can in your emotionally overwrought and perfervid manner to bring it to such a point.

    Why are you lefties so emotional? Hasn’t the fact that one after another of your claims has been exposed as a falsehood chastened you in the least?

  30. “Please up the dosage of your passive-aggressive medication.”

    Like I have said many times, you have a compulsion to behave this way, koolo, and then attempt to project your deficiencies on those with whom you disagree. If you don’t see this in yourself, then you are the delusional one.

    Moreover, I’ve been trying to imagine how one with as nasty a persona as that which you exhibit on here, can function productively in a class room filled with our children, in which you have the responsibility to encourage them to attain higher goals, in other words, be positive. If you are indeed an effective teacher, then you have a split personality to which you need to give some immediate attention, because to continue in this manner is not healthy for you.

    At the very least you might do well to follow the model of our Editor regarding civility.

  31. “You are certainly doing everything you can in your emotionally overwrought and perfervid manner to bring it to such a point.

    Why are you lefties so emotional? Hasn’t the fact that one after another of your claims has been exposed as a falsehood chastened you in the least?”

    You suffer from a delusion as well, DNW, in thinking that a disagreement with you is somehow a falsehood. Maybe we ought to pick one of these “falsehoods” to discuss, because there is some difficulty doing so with these charges in the abstract.

  32. Koolo says to another commenter

    “Please up the dosage of your … medication.”

    Koolo, I believe that you are on to something there. If not as to that particular individual – which seems almost self-evident – then as to the members of the class.

  33. SINP writes

    Moreover, I’ve been trying to imagine how one with as nasty a persona as that which you exhibit on here, can function productively in a class room filled with our children, in which you have the responsibility to encourage them to attain higher goals, in other words, be positive. If you are indeed an effective teacher, then you have a split personality to which you need to give some immediate attention, because to continue in this manner is not healthy for you.

    See? This is exactly the stuff I’ve been talking about. This is by far not the first time you posted garbage like the above. You’ve done it numerous times based on nothing more than me refuting some of your typical talking points. It’s what you do, SINP, when you get frustrated that someone has the utter gall to prove you wrong.

    Nevertheless, if what you wrote above was accurate, then I certainly can ask/state based on YOUR behavior in here 1) how could YOU function productively in a class room filled with our children back when you taught, and 2) you’re wife must REALLY be scared crapless of you 24/7 based on your passive aggressive disorder.

  34. “Hoagie, your statement here is a gross exaggeration, therefore it is meaningless.”

    There you go, what a unifyer, what a compromiser. Just wipe my my statement away with the sweep of your hand, put your head back inn the sand and keep on plowing forward as if nothing or no one elase matters. A true believer, indeed. Blind leading the blind.

    Speaking of blind, you asked:” And did you look at the 2008 poll I posted upthread?”. Did I look at it? I used excerpts from it and commented on it. So what do you think? Did I look at it?

    Sometimes Wagonwheel you’re like a dog chasing its tail. You post a link, I read it, I quote it, I comment on it then you ask me if I read the link. What’s up?

  35. “There will always be a degree of racism in the country, SINP. But, your examples are, in your own parlance, anecdotal. (And you’re jumping the gun about racism playing a role in Sanford … just like the idiot MSM.) And once again, your poll shows that ALL Americans do NOT see racism as the major factor in the categories listed, the exception being black incarceration rates and that only with a 5% difference (with the margin of error even smaller).”

    The difference for “national adults” on black incarceration rates is much more than a 5% difference, koolo. 79% consider it a major or minor factor, while only 18% consider it not to be a factor, which is the way I interpret that polling result.

    Moreover, high incarceration rates of blacks, mostly for minor drug offenses, with the three strike you’re out provision, makes a major impact on the black community. Michelle Alexander in The New Jim Crow makes this the major theme of her book to which I have referred before. Moreover, blacks are disproportionally incarcerated for minor drug offenses than are the rest of us.

    I concede that some of my examples are anecdotal, but not the one just mentioned above.

  36. W

    agonwheel says:
    April 9, 2012 at 11:01

    “You are certainly doing everything you can in your emotionally overwrought and perfervid manner to bring it to such a point.

    Why are you lefties so emotional? Hasn’t the fact that one after another of your claims has been exposed as a falsehood chastened you in the least?”

    You suffer from a delusion as well, DNW, in thinking that a disagreement with you is somehow a falsehood. Maybe we ought to pick one of these “falsehoods” to discuss, because there is some difficulty doing so with these charges in the abstract.”

    Just for starters Dana has mentioned one that you were spouting. The uninjured Zimmerman theme, supposedly revealed by the duplicitously manipulated ABC video. (Ropelight pointed out what we all noticed – ABC placed the logo to obscure Zimmerman’s head while claiming to offer video evidence that he had no skull injury)

    Now that said, I may or may not list in more detail the many examples of your overwrought rhetoric wherein you lied through implication: “murder”; “ordered not to follow”; “cornered Trayvon”; and then the most preposterous claim of all, that you knew that Zimmerman had invaded Trayvon’s space and by implication therefore, deserved to be beaten for it.

    The fact is that although none of us were there; some, specifically not including you, have taken some pains to actually review what public information is available before flying off the handle and leveling charges.

    You on the other hand have constantly rushed to judgment and written in inflammatory terms about matters about which you have clearly not thought through nor even reviewed carefully.

    Instead you constantly allude to impending social violence if your prescriptions are not followed, much as you did on the other site.

    If you were an exception to the “progressive” rule, it would mean little. But in fact you seem typical of it: a man just yearning for a little murder by which he may warm his store of nursed resentments.

    You clearly crave a social war Perry. Well, you, along with many other of your kind may just succeed in the precipitation something of the sort, if you persist.

    And then as the shit hitting the fan finally splatters back on your own family, won’t you be one sorry son of a bitch.

  37. Wagonwheel said:”My point right along has been that racism continues in our country, a fact which you seem to dispute. I do not exonerate those minorities who are not stepping up to try to improve their positions. I am just saying that continuing racism continues to make it more difficult for progress to occur.”

    I do not dispute that racism continues in our country. I guarantee it will continue as long as race baiters and leftists use race to divide us. And you’re right. The Travon Martin case and the Tulsa case are both good examples. The former a good example of the race baiters creating a “white-Hispanic” and altering videos and audios for foster racism. The latter as seemingly pure anti-black racism. And I say “seemingly” because the case hasn’t been tryed yet.

  38. SINP writes

    The difference for “national adults” on black incarceration rates is much more than a 5% difference, koolo. 79% consider it a major or minor factor, while only 18% consider it not to be a factor, which is the way I interpret that polling result.

    I wrote: “And once again, your poll shows that ALL Americans do NOT see racism as the major factor …” so the poll reflects precisely what I wrote.

    Moreover, high incarceration rates of blacks, mostly for minor drug offenses, with the three strike you’re out provision, makes a major impact on the black community. Michelle Alexander in The New Jim Crow makes this the major theme of her book to which I have referred before. Moreover, blacks are disproportionally incarcerated for minor drug offenses than are the rest of us.

    Incarceration for minor drug offenses is indeed a problem, but hardly exclusively a racial one. It’s stupid on the face of it. And the fact that blacks are disproportionately incarcerated for these offenses has a lot to do with economics, as blacks are disproportionately less well-off than many other groups and hence cannot afford top-notch legal help.

  39. Wagonwheel says:
    April 9, 2012 at 07:23

    Yorkshire, what you are saying is that there are a lot of issues to worry about, all the more reason why we should be working together to address these issues. Thus, what worries me most, is that we cannot seem to work together any more. Our political system is broken and divided, just at a time in our history when we need to work together more than ever, otherwise our system of government will disintegrate before our eyes, resulting in American against American more than just in politics.

    I don’t know, but we may be at a turning point in our history, somewhat similar to the divisions which led us into our Civil War. There is now a contingent within our population who are arming themselves as we speak, to be prepared for the day of reckoning which they perceive to be in our future.

    I see where you are going, and so do a lot of people. But the tone of things need to come from a leader who can sit down and force the two sides to do that. Unfortunately we do not have a leader. We have someone who after the last election set the tone when he told the Republicans “I Won” “You all can sit in the back of the bus.” That did not help one bit.

  40. The Field Negro has changed the link and title under Trayvon Martin’s picture today. Today the blurb reads, “CITY OF SANFORD TO CALL IN NATIONAL GUARDS. HMMMM, THIS CAN ONLY MEAN ONE THING. LET’S HOPE NOT.” The link leads to this story:

    I knew from the first time I saw special prosecutor Angela Corey’s smug expression on Nancy Grace that Trayvon Martin would not get justice.

    She told Nancy, with calm indignation, that she didn’t need a grand jury to tell her to press charges against George Zimmerman for taking Trayvon’s life.

    According to Orlando Local 6 news, the city of Sanford is quietly preparing for the worst in advance of the special prosecutor’s decision not to charge Zimmerman.

    Sanford Mayor Jeff Triplett said on Thursday he was calling in the National Guard to forcibly suppress any uprisings if necessary.

    Officials said extra police officers and fire department officials are on standby. Neighboring agencies have also been asked to assist, if needed.

    “You always prepare for the worst and hope for the best,” Triplett said. “We’re planning for the ‘what-if’ case scenario, and that would be to make sure that all of our citizens get the protection they pay their taxes for.” Source

    Zimmerman, 28, claimed he acted in self defense when he shot and killed Trayvon, a 17-year-old Miami high school student who was walking back to a friend’s house from a convenience store on Feb. 26.

    More at the link.

  41. There was a college dean who declared Martin could have been one of his students. A Conservative radio host who broadcasts across WBAP out of Dallas (and possibly multiple other stations) declared that statement to be absolutely false: someone kicked out of school four times in one year is likely not going to be admitted to any reputable college.

  42. Mr Hitchcock wrote:

    There was a college dean who declared Martin could have been one of his students. A Conservative radio host who broadcasts across WBAP out of Dallas (and possibly multiple other stations) declared that statement to be absolutely false: someone kicked out of school four times in one year is likely not going to be admitted to any reputable college.

    Oh, I don’t know about that. One of the statistics I saw — and I can’t find a link for it at the moment — during the debates over the University of Michigan Affirmative Action cases was that 85% of all colleges accept anyone who applies and meets the base criteria of having a high school diploma or GED, and has taken the SAT or ACT.

  43. Koolo errs:

    To SINP and black Democrats, those blacks “aren’t authentically black,” Hoagie. They say that themselves, too. This isn’t putting words in anyones’ mouths. Somehow, blacks must act like a collective mind, whereas all other humans are free individuals.

    Sadly, no. To our friends on the left, only white males are actually allowed to think for themselves. Women, minorities of any category — with the possible exception of Jews — are simply expected to toe the Democratic Party line, and if they don’t, why then there’s just something wrong with them! Only white males are thought to be able to think independently.

    Oops, I forgot one: Cuban-Americans are expected to be Republicans.

  44. Oops, I forgot one: Cuban-Americans are expected to be Republicans.

    Yeah, because they’ve already lived under what the Democrats want to foist on us, so they’re free to scream loudly about the absolute tyrannical damage the Democrats want to cause the US; just don’t expect the MSM and Democrats (exactly the same thing, really) to pay any heed to Cuban-born Americans.

  45. “…with the possible exception of Jews….”

    Now, now Mr. Editor please don’t leave out the Jews. No matter how many times they’re demonized for their positions in banking or Wall Street, no matter how often the liberals pee in the face of Israel, or how many times libs defend terrorists and no matter how often the black Democrats treat Jews as slime, they are still expected (ans still do ) pull that Democrat lever.

  46. WW wrote:

    “Really? The Japanese never knew freedom until after 1945; Japan was a feudal society for centuries after feudalism had disappeared from Europe. China was a feudal society, India was beset by a caste system, the Cubans were never free — and many of them were actual slaves — and the Vietnamese and Cambodians were never free. If the burdens faced by these people were mostly different from those of American blacks — who at least spoke English and were American citizens — that doesn’t mean that they were somehow less burdensome.”

    I think it is dangerous to conflate different groups of people with one another, then draw the conclusion that the American black experience is essentially no different, therefore it should have been easy for them to break out. But this is exactly what you have done, Mr Editor, on a very complex dynamic which is different for each group. You are unconvincing!

    One obvious difference is the color of the black skin, which more or less permanently sets them apart for continuous discrimination, for example, racial profiling. All the other examples you gave are examples of those who can blend in culturally within a generation or two at the most, which for blacks to actualize is very difficult for too many of them, generation after generation, which is exactly the problem.

    What, you think that somehow all of the groups I mentioned — Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Cambodians and Indians — are somehow not obviously racially different from whites? I’ve had plenty of experience, personally, with Vietnamese and Cambodians, and every last one of them was successful for one simple reason: every one of them was willing to work for a living.

    I knew one gentleman, Vietnamese by origin, who came over after the war. He went to work running a loader, and he and his wife saved and saved and saved, and by the mid 1990s had put their three children through college, paying cash for every bit of it, because they just flat worked long and hard to give their children a better life. The man — whom I shall not name — was a dried up, wizened type, and even after twenty years in the United States spoke just enough English to get by, but he came to work, every day, on time, and stayed at work all day long. He never cried, never made excuses, but just did his job.

    And that’s really all that it takes. I used to think that people just had to have a good education, had to have some luck, had to have some advantages, but I don’t anymore. The simplest, most obvious trait to succeed in America is just the ability to get out of bed every morning, and come to work and do your job. That, unfortunately, seems to be a vanishing skill: people just call out sick whenever they don’t feel like coming to work, take off as much time as they can get away with, and really don’t give an honest day’s work. I’ve seen it many, many times: the guys who get ahead, the guys who don’t get laid off when times are tight, are the ones the company never has to worry about not showing up for work the next day.

    And it doesn’t matter what color you are. I’ve had plenty of black drivers, when I was in Virginia — this area has a very low black population, but it was quite high in Virginia — and there were plenty of them who were just plain reliable: they came to work, every day, and did their jobs. A couple of them became plant managers, for just that reason.

    That is the secret to success, and it is entirely up to the individual. Racist society doesn’t somehow sneak in and shut off your alarm clock; it’s entirely up to the individual to have the determination to get out of bed and go to work.

  47. WW wrote:

    There also is the problem of massive incarceration numbers of blacks for crimes which whites too often avoid identical punishment. I believe that George Zimmerman falls into the avoidance category.

    Hmmm: because Mr Zimmerman has not yet been charged with a crime, but because WW believes that he just must have committed one, he has somehow “gotten away” with it. Of course, there’s a special prosecutor looking into the case now, but somehow, some way, the legal system and the presumption of innocence just shouldn’t apply here.

    If black Americans are incarcerated at greater rates than whites, it is because they commit crimes at greater rates than whites.

    And then there is the inferior provision of education and educational facilities for inner city blacks where most of them live. Moreover, the housing segregation, although it has improved somewhat, still exists to the point where a black family is usually not whereas a Japanese, Korean, or Cambodian family would be welcome. Thus, racism against black people is often subtle, there no doubt.

    We spend absolute gobs of money on public education in this country, we pour money by the bucketload into the public schools, yet half of young black males drop out of high school, at least in the cities. I can remember my own high school, in a small town in the Kentucky. The high school was in a 1937 WPA/CCC building, with asphalt tile floors, steam radiators for heat, no air conditioning (we had twelve foot ceilings with tall windows, which was Southern air conditioning back then), one principal, a couple of women who worked in the office, exactly one teacher who had his Masters, yet we lost only a few kids to dropping out (a couple of the dummies, and a couple of girls who got knocked up), yet all of the rest of us were graduated, and all of those who were graduated could actually read and write. And yes, the school was integrated, and yes, there were several blacks among my graduating class.

    Of course, we didn’t have computers, and the teachers fought over who got to use the mimeograph machine for running off tests, and the books were old and some of them were in sad shape, and he junior high building was actually condemned shortly after I was graduated, and we had very few electives, but somehow, some way, the vast majority of us were graduated.

    Education, like work, is a matter of will. Of course, the will of the students at Mt Sterling High School was provided by our parents, who would not let their kids skip school or drop out or not do their homework; most of us were not allowed to fail.

  48. Just watching Hannity. He had cuts from radio talk show calls from a black station in Florida, and it was a real kill whitey hate fest going on. Thank you NBC.

Comments are closed.