BO’s Newest Disdain Of The Military Shows Here

This is a MAJOR SLAP in the face of every military member and retiree of the Armed Forces of the United States. Active duty military are not compensated enough as it is, but this sucks. Sorry, but I’ve been associated with the military for about 38 years and this will hurt the Enlisted Personnel the hardest like the Pico Sisters and the Hitchcock’s daughter. What is left in the basic fabric of life in this country under this poseur of a president.

Trashing Tricare

Obama to cut healthcare benefits for active duty and retired US military

BY: Bill Gertz – February 27, 2012 3:36 pm
The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Several congressional aides suggested the move is designed to increase the enrollment in Obamacare’s state-run insurance exchanges.

The disparity in treatment between civilian and uniformed personnel is causing a backlash within the military that could undermine recruitment and retention.

The proposed increases in health care payments by service members, which must be approved by Congress, are part of the Pentagon’s $487 billion cut in spending. It seeks to save $1.8 billion from the Tricare medical system in the fiscal 2013 budget, and $12.9 billion by 2017.

More of this Anti-Military Crap Here: http://freebeacon.com/trashing-tricare/

36 Comments

1. “Obama to cut healthcare benefits for active duty and retired US military”

This will, of course, reduce the deficit.

Isn’t that what you’ve been calling for – regardless of the pain it might cause Americans?

2. Anna Nova says:
    February 28, 2012 at 13:22 (Edit)

“Obama to cut healthcare benefits for active duty and retired US military”

This will, of course, reduce the deficit.

Except he had a pool 5 times bigger in Government employees and skipped them due to the Union. Remember, all are equal in BO’s Eyes, it’s just that some are more equal like unions. I think the Commies used that motto.

3. Histo-fact will show that Liberals, Socialists, Democrats (repetitively redundant) never offer to cut anything except National Defense, an item specifically declared inside the US Budget by the US Constitution. Everything, and I do mean everything, outside National Defense will always get increased money out of the Leftists. But National Defense will always get actual cuts — not to be confused with the cuts in planned increases, meaning continued increases in everything else — out of Leftist stooges and Socialistic leaders of the DNC. But vote-buying tactics to vote to give money to the citizens out of the largess of the Federal Government (a well-known proof of the death of democracy in a nation) will continue full force.

4. It certainly is, Ms Anna Nova.

I googled this story, and there is not one reputable source reporting this story. Therefore I am going to withhold comment until I get more creditable details about this so-called report.

And note this well: It is the House of Representatives who have responsibility for spending, not the President, until a bill appears on his desk, passed by both houses of Congress. If the President were to sign legislation which shortchanged our veterans re military related healthcare, I will be the first out there to reject such a move, just like I was when the military themselves were found severely wanting at the Walter Reed facility during the Bush Administration.

We need more credible details than those out there so far!

5. Wagonwheel says:
    February 28, 2012 at 14:02

It certainly is, Ms Anna Nova.

Then find one if you’re that sure. It’s just never enough for you.

6. So, if this story by Bill Gertz at the freebeacon.com is confirmed then you, Perry, will acknowledge it and the author and the web site as reliable, at least in this one tiny-tiny instance without resorting to your usual equivocal double talk and tap dance?

I’m not going to hold my breath.

7. “Histo-fact will show that Liberals, Socialists, Democrats (repetitively redundant) never offer to cut anything except National Defense, an item specifically declared inside the US Budget by the US Constitution.”

Really? Let’s take a look, shall we?

From page 17-35, the report highlights savings proposed by the President including the following areas:

Agricultural
    - Eliminate direct payments.
    - Reduce subsidies to crop insurance companies.
    - Better target agricultural conservation assistance.

Federal Worker and Military Retirement Programs
    - Reform civilian Federal worker retirement.
    - End the overpayment of Federal contractor executives.

Government Liabilities and Operations
    - Increase fees charged by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
    - Reform the Aviation Passenger Security Fee to more accurately reflect the costs of aviation security.
    - More equitably share payments for air traffic services.
    - Reform the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) by eliminating the premium subsidy for certain properties.

etc etc etc

I can’t be bothered going through them all, but it certainly seems as if the President in his last plan was proposing to make several spending cuts not involving the military.

Which means, Mr Hitchcock, that you are making statements which are false and easily shown to be false. Would you care to comment on what that says about your veracity?

8. If Obama was ready to make actual cuts, and not cuts to increases which resulted in increases, outside of DoD, tell me why Obama’s “budget” continues the well over 1 trillion dollar deficit he has lived with for the past 3 years. The only overall real cuts he offers is in DoD and nowhere else. Everywhere else gets increased Government spending and not a cut, at all. Even tax-cheat Geithner admitted Obama’s Budget is fiscally unsustainable and admittted the Dummycrats had absolutely no solution leading to a sustainable Federal Budget. He admitted as much under oath in front of Congress.

Cloward-Piven is Obama’s MO. It is also the MO of the Democrat leadership and the dreadfully failed OWS criminal mobs, whether they realize it or no.

On that, I would stake my life. No hyperbole, no metaphor. My actual life. For reals.

9. “If Obama was ready to make actual cuts, and not cuts to increases which resulted in increases, outside of DoD, tell me why Obama’s “budget” continues the well over 1 trillion dollar deficit he has lived with for the past 3 years. ”

You stated: “Histo-fact will show that Liberals, Socialists, Democrats (repetitively redundant) never offer to cut anything except National Defense, an item specifically declared inside the US Budget by the US Constitution.”

I provided a link showing the President proposing just such cuts.

Your statement is proven false. You make false statements.

10. Yet, Anna, Obama is continuing with massive deficits and increasing the debt. Interestingly, the Dem controlled Senate hasn’t even bothered to take up Obama’s budget bill, nor does Harry Reid have any intention of ever doing so.

Obama essentially cuts from some places, and gives to others. Interesting that so many of the others tend to be aimed at his liberal base.

11. WW questions the source, but I didn’t, because I know who the author is. Bill Gertz is a long time reporter in Washington, who specializes in defense and DoD reporting. A reporter for The Washington Times with a solid reputation, his reporting itself is considered as much of a primary source as anyone else’s in the professional journalism field.

12. Miss Nova wrote:

Perhaps the President has a plan to move some money around, but, in a story that you must have read — given that you made 9 of the 50 comments on it — Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner testified to the Congress, after the President had submitted his FY2013 budget, that the Administration had no plan at all to put the country on a sustainable fiscal path, even if the President’s budget was adopted without any changes.

Your editor suspects that the President wouldn’t dare to touch the civilian employees’ health care contributions, because they are represented by a union, and he daren’t anger the unions.

The answer is simple, and given further down in Mr Gertz’s original: the President wants to push retired military out of TriCare completely and into whatever abominations are created under the Affordable Care Act. That is the President’s plan: treat those who risked their lives defending our country exactly the same as a good-for-nothing malingerer . . . except, of course, that the good-for-nothing malingerer would have the government pay for his insurance.

With two daughters in the Army Reserve, it could be argued that I am a special pleader on this subject, but I would point out the political hay the Democrats made concerning conditions at Walter Reed Army Hospital when George Bush was President.

Our President was very upset when pictures surfaced of four Marines urinating on some dead Taliban fighters. His response, apparently, is to urinate on all of our service members.

13. Of course, the President’s proposal will go nowhere. Mr Gertz noted that, “The proposed increases in health care payments by service members, which must be approved by Congress, . . . .” You can absolutely count on the Congress approving no such thing. President Obama is facing his last election; the members of Congress face several more.

The President doesn’t expect to win a majority of the votes from service members, but publicize this, and he’ll get even fewer.

14. William and Mr Editor, if you have a post of me stating that “there will be no deficit”, please post it. Until then, deal with what I said rather than trying to take me to task for something I did not say.

Mr Hitchcock made a statement; I showed this to be false.

15. “My replies appear to be disappearing.”

With Mr Hitchcock chosen to be an administrator, it would not surprise me if he were behind deleting posts which he does not like. He has readily admitted doing so on his own topics. Some of these people cannot stand or withstand dissent, which is a characteristic of those who wish to control/dominate others.

16. SINP writes

Merely another comment laced with blatant hypocrisy.

17. Wagonwheel makes accusations without any supporting evidence. Yes, I will disappear inappropriate comments from my own articles. No, I don’t disappear inappropriate comments from others’ articles.

And, yes, I am the decider of what is appropriate or inappropriate when dealing with comments on my articles.

18. “Merely another comment laced with blatant hypocrisy.”

There you go again, koolo, with your favorite word, not realizing that it applies to you as well, as in this statement as well:

“At any rate, how is demanding that one’s comments be allowed on someone else’s property not also a “a characteristic of those who wish to control/dominate others?””

You are hypocritical of those of us who disagree with your right wing ideology, but not at all with those on your side, thus an excellent example of your hypocrisy, koolo. Are you humble enough to admit this? In this sense, all of us are hypocrites, you definitely included!

Instead of calling people names, why not just debate the issues. Are you up to that, koolo, or is it to be continued meaningless snipe and snark on your part?

Yorkshire, in spite of Mr Editor’s vouching for the author of your piece, I have yet to see this important allegation carried by a credible source. I am inclined to think the assertion is false.

19. SINP writes

I called no one a name. I said your comment was laced with hypocrisy. Please do read what I write and stop making hypocritical comments. That’d be a terrific start on your road to recovery.

20. SINP writes

Oops.

21. “But I do not have a blog whose title is one big, hypocritical lie, do I, like you do, SINP?”

And your example of that is what, koolo? You seem glib with your statements, which are meaningless right wing fluff without examples.

I am still waiting for your example of your anti-Israel moniker you have decided for me. Would you not expect more from your students than you do from yourself on this blog, koolo? I would certainly hope so!

Your little game is fading!

22. SINP writes

Every. Single. Post.

You’ll keep waiting, then. I already told you. You’re playing dumb on purpose is all. And BTW — a “moniker” is a name. I called you no such name. I attached an “atribute” to you, such as it is, of “anti-Israel.”

Your little game is fading!

Hello Pot. I’m Kettle.

23. WW:

Well, in the words again of Rhett Butler in “Gone With The Wind”, Frankly I don’t give a ……

24. SINP writes

With only your attacks, what quality of contribution are you making on this blog, koolo? Do you think observers are attracted here by this from you?

Except that, of course, I am not “only” making attacks, SINP. You perceive it as such because you do not like being made to look foolish. Do you think outside observers are attracted to your nonsense in here day in and day out? Seriously. Or, are they attracted to your laughable title of a blog whose posts have absolutely nothing to do with “gap bridging?”

25. Back to the topic away from the koolo dribble, Yorkshire, I continue to monitor the Gertz claim about Obama wishing to cut health care for our military, there has been absolutely no attention given this allegation by any credible source. I know you folks want to believe this nonsense, but that does not make it true.

See for yourself: Google “Is Obama going to cut military health care?”

Nothing comes up except for a plethora of right wing blogs, which are hardly credible! So I don’t give a d**n either!

26. Wagonwheel says:
    February 29, 2012 at 13:28 (Edit)

See for yourself: Google “Is Obama going to cut military health care?”

Well, I did find Blogs to the Right, and at least this newspaper article.

I took your challenge and found this article in the Canada Free Press. I’ve found this paper will print stories the MSM will not print or publish. I find it disturbing that the MSM will skip or ignore stories that do not fit the narrative. I know you have said you believe the MSM leans Right, but critical reading and listening will say otherwise. Even PMSNBC fired Buchanan for being to the Right. I have seen over and over where FOX invites both sides of a story to tell their part.

One time Richard Dreyfus, relatively way Left, was invited on Huckabee. He came on bewildered that he was invited to a show on FOX given his background and politics. But in a few minutes Huckabee had him at ease and the two had a great conversation. Now Huckabee didn’t agree with all Dreyfus said, but he was going to give him his say. And the Audience was respectful. At the end of the interview,Dreyfus thanked Huckabee for inviting him.

Sacramento, Calif. – The nation’s largest grassroots pro-troop advocacy organization, Move America Forward came out strongly against President Obama’s proposed military defense budget, which cuts billions of dollars of military spending, especially at the cost of military families in higher healthcare costs.

27. Well I can definitely agree with this, Yorkshire:

““We should be honoring and supporting our military families, not punishing them under President Obama’s proposed defense spending cuts.” said Debbie Lee, spokesperson for the group and mother of the first US Navy SEAL to be killed in the war in Iraq.”

So if the report is true, I come down hard against this proposal!

Regarding Huckabee, though I do not agree with him very often, I credit him for being civil on his show, which is refreshing.

28. Wagonwheel says:
    February 29, 2012 at 14:25 (Edit)

Well I can definitely agree with this, Yorkshire:

So if the report is true, I come down hard against this proposal!

We’re making progress, yeah!!!!!!

29. SINP writes

Indeed. He’s nothing like Ed Schultz, Martin Bashir, Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, or Lawrence O’Donnell.

30. SINP writes

Back to the topic away from the koolo dribble

The correct word is “drivel.”

Just keep in mind that it was SINP who first steered this thread off topic, so who’s the one spouting drivel again …?

Comments are closed.